Improve skin texture with The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution, a nourishing skincare treatment containing Tasmanian pepperberry derivative to help reduce inflammation. This solution also contains ginseng root and aloe vera to enhance radiance and offer soothing benefits.
This gentle toner features glycolic acid in order to gently exfoliate the skin and improve its texture. It is also rich in amino acids and works to visibly boost the skin’s complexion for a healthy and radiant appearance.
The Ordinary Glycolic 7% Toning Solution is free from silicone, alcohol and oil, and is also vegan and cruelty-free. It is not suitable for use on sensitive or compromised skin.
- Works to visibly boost radiance.
- Features glycolic acid to gently exfoliate the skin and improve texture.
- Tasmanian pepperberry derivative helps to reduce inflammation.
- Includes soothing aloe vera alongside nourishing amino acids.
YOU ALSO NEED TO KNOW THAT…
- This formula should not be used on sensitive, peeling or compromised skin. Please refer to additional sun protection note and other warnings in provided.
- Sunburn Alert: This product contains an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that may increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards.
- This pH of this formula is approximately 3.6. Glycolic Acid has a pKa of 3.6 and pKa is the most important aspect to consider in formulating with acids. pKa implies acid availability. When pKa is close to pH, there is an ideal balance between salt and acidity, maximizing effectiveness of the acid and reducing irritation. Higher pH numbers in such a case would increase salt which counter-intuitively would make the formula even more irritating than if the formula was more acidic.
- While exfoliating acids can result in quick visible benefits, we generally suggest indirect forms of skin exfoliation in favour of direct forms such as this formula due to potential inflammation and sensitivity associated with acids. Please refer to NIOD’s Non-Acid Acid Precursor for such a reference.
- This product is vegan, cruelty-free, and formulated without oil, alcohol, silicone, nuts, gluten, and fragrance.
HOW TO USE
- Use ideally in the PM, no more frequently than once per day.
- After cleaning, saturate a cotton pad with the formula and sweep across face and neck. Do not use on sensitive, peeling or compromised skin.
- Avoid the eye contour and contact with eyes. Do not rinse off. Continue with additional skin treatments as needed.
- Contact of the product with the skin must be of limited frequency or duration. If irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician.
- Use only as directed on unbroken skin.
- Patch testing prior to use is advised. Keep out of reach of children.
Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Aminomethyl Propanol, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glutamic Acid, Arginine, Pca, Sodium Pca, Sodium Lactate, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Hexyl Nicotinate, Dextrin, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Gellan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.
Read our Skincare Ingredients Checker Guide to know more about this product’s ingredients.