A. Personal Data Protection Act 2010 Notice
- This notice is issued pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“Act”) (“Privacy Notice”). It explains the type of data we collect or have collected and how we collect the data, the purposes of processing such data, the parties we disclose or have disclosed the data to and the choices available to you including how to access and correct such personal data.
B. Personal Data which we collect from you
- When you instruct us to act for you we would or may need to or may collect, record, hold, store, use and/or carry out any operation on including organising, consulting on or disclosing (“process”) your personal data which may include the following (“Personal Data”):-
Name, national registration identification card number, passport number, photograph, email address, postal address, age, telephone number, mobile number, EPF details, SOCSO details, income tax details, employment details and history including details of present and past income, bank account details, credit card details, marital status, gender, nationality, children’s details, names of relatives and how related including personal and contact details of relative, personal interests, hobbies, skills, languages, education or other related qualifications, achievements, ethnic origin, details of referees, medical records, physical, mental health or condition, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of similar nature, commission or alleged commission of offence, sexual orientation, directorship in companies, shareholding in companies, assets, involvement in legal proceedings including details of such legal proceedings, details of loans and other financial transactions, solvency, financial status, ownership of property, car registration details and all other related information necessary and incidental to our business.
C. How we collect Personal Data
- We collect Personal Data through several methods which include but are not limited to:-
(a) information or comments you have provided to us by whatsoever means and/or in whatsoever manner;(b) information obtained independently by us or given to us from other lawful sources.
D. Purposes for which we process Personal Data
- We process your Personal Data for purposes which may include:
(a) for and/or in connection with the conduct of business and provision of services in the capacity of an advocate and solicitor, trade mark agent, industrial designs agent, patent agent, commissioner for oaths, notary public and other similar capacity;
(b) for and/or in connection with pursuing the legitimate interests of the company including processing which is necessary and incidental to the carrying out of the conduct of the business of the company;(c) for and/or in connection with complying with laws and regulations including requirements of any government or quasi-government or regulatory authorities or court of law;(d) for and/or in connection with all other purposes necessary and/or incidental to our business and all purposes necessary for or related to any of the above purposes.
E. To whom we disclose Personal Data to
- When processing your Personal Data, we may disclose such Personal Data to the
following persons including but without limitation to:-
(a) departments within our company including any of our partners, lawyers and employees on a need-to-know basis;
(b) our auditors, lawyers, consultants, insurers, proposed insurers, advisers, bankers, agents, third party service providers (including law firms in other jurisdictions), business partners or associates or legal referral guides who are under a duty of confidentiality to us;
(c) government or quasi-government and regulatory authorities in Malaysia and in countries where we, our auditors, lawyers, advisers, bankers, agents, third party service providers (including law firms in other jurisdictions), business partners or associates or legal referral guides have a presence or require approvals or are required to submit such information;
(d) all other persons or bodies who provide us with services necessary and/or incidental to our business.
- We may process your Personal Data including contacting you for the purpose(s) stated herein via telephone calls, text messaging, emails, cross-platform mobile messaging applications, post, facsimile, social media or by whatsoever form of available modes of communication.
F. Transfer abroad
- We may transfer your Personal Data to places outside Malaysia when carrying out any of the purposes stated herein.
G. Accessing and updating your Personal Data
- Under the Act, you have the right of access to your Personal Data upon payment of a prescribed fee and you may request that we correct any of your Personal Data which is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of date unless compliance is refused under the Act. We will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request. We may also exercise our discretion in allowing the corrections requested and/or may require further documentary evidence of the new data to avoid fraud and inaccuracy.
- You may also withdraw your consent or restrict the purposes and methods in which we process your Personal Data and the personal data relating to other persons who may be identified from your Personal Data.
- If you have any questions regarding our Privacy Notice or if you wish to request access to your Personal Data or correct your Personal Data or withdraw your consent or restrict the purposes and methods in which we process your Personal Data, you may send your request in writing to the following address:-
Myeppo Digital Sdn Bhd (199901006926)
Level 5, Luxor Tech Centre, No 1A, Jalan Teknologi 3/4,
Taman Sains Selangor 1, Kota Damansara PJU 5,
47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.
03 7681 2233
- Please note that notwithstanding the withdrawal of your consent, we may still process your Personal Data under circumstances permitted by law.
H. We update our Privacy notice from time to time
- We review and update this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect the changes in law and business practices. We would advise you to obtain the latest version of our Privacy Notice by contacting us or visiting our website to ensure that you are familiar with the latest version. By continuing to instruct us after communication of our latest Privacy Notice, you are deemed to have accepted and consented to the revision and update contained therein.
I. Impact of non-provision of Personal Data
- Please note that in the event your Personal Data is not supplied or is insufficiently supplied to us, your instructions may not be accepted or your request to browse the information on our website may be denied.
- Please further note that if you withdraw your consent or restrict the purposes and methods in which we may process your Personal Data, we may not be able to continue to act on your instructions.
J. Personal Data of third parties
- You hereby confirm that you have obtained the consent from the person(s) whose personal data may be given to us by you or identified from your Personal Data which may be processed by us for the purposes stated herein including disclosure to the parties stated herein.
K. Your consent
- Please take note that by giving us your consent, you hereby agree with and consent to us processing/continuing to process your Personal Data in accordance herewith.