Reap the benefits of vitamin A with The Ordinary Retinol 0.2% In Squalane. This skincare treatment is water- and silicone-free and helps to soften the skin while working to minimise the signs of ageing.
The highly stable retinol present in this formula works to reduce the appearance of fine lines, photo damage and general signs of skin ageing. It also encourages natural cell turnover, helping to promote softer and healthier-looking skin while working to minimise the appearance of blemishes and dark spots.
As retinol can cause irritation to the skin, newer technologies now exist to mimic the visible effects of retinol without causing as much discomfort for the skin. With this in mind, The Ordinary recommends beginning with serums with lower concentrations of retinol in order to build up tolerance.
- Works to reduce the appearance of fine lines and general skin ageing.
- Promotes healthier-looking skin while minimising the look of blemishes.
- Water and silicone-free solution with 0.2% retinol.
- Vitamin A-rich retinol helps minimise signs of hyperpigmentation.
YOU ALSO NEED TO KNOW THAT…
- Water can affect the stability of retinol. Additionally, plant oils in retinol formulations can trigger lipid peroxidation and can impair retinol integrity. This formula does not contain water, silicones, plant oils or alcohol.
- Caution: Retinoids can make the skin more sensitive to UV radiation. Sun protection is particularly important when using retinoids. This product must not be used in conjunction with other retinoids including retinol or retinoic acid. This product is not a treatment for acne. Acne-prone skin may experience a temporary increase in acne during the first few weeks of using any form of retinoid including those used in this formulation.
- Note: When pregnant or breastfeeding, it is recommended to avoid any skincare products containing retinoids such as formulations with Granactive Retinoid or Retinol.
- This product is vegan, cruelty-free, and formulated without water, alcohol, silicone, nuts, gluten, and fragrance.
HOW TO USE
- Apply a small amount to face in the PM as part of your skincare regimen, after water-based serums but before heavier treatments.
- Do not use with other retinoid treatments.
- Avoid unprotected solar exposure.
- Caution: Retinol can cause irritation, redness and peeling, especially around the eyes and mouth, in the early stages of treatment while skin builds tolerance. If persistent irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician.
- Use only as directed on unbroken skin.
- Patch testing prior to use is advised. Keep out of reach of children.
- Refrigerate after opening.
Squalane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Retinol, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hydroxymethoxyphenyl Decanone, Bht.
Read our Skincare Ingredients Checker Guide to know more about this product’s ingredients.
There are no reviews yet.